How It Works
Download the Zagster app and join the River Riders bike share.
Find your bike’s number and enter it into the Zagster app to get a unique unlock code.
Enter the unlock code into the on-bike keypad. After the ring lock opens, remove the docking cable from the side of the ring lock
Park your bike at a River Riders Zagster station. Press and HOLD the LOCK button on the keypad until the light flashes.
On the right side of the bike, find the orange tab on the ring lock and slide it down.Place the docking cable from the station into the port on the ring lock. Tap END RIDE in the Zagster app.
For quick stops away from a River Riders Zagster station, you can lock to any public rack.See HOW TO in the app for more details.
Meet the Bike
Before you end your bike trip, you must return your bike to a River Riders Zagster station. Trips may never be ended unless the bike is already locked to a Zagster station. Do not leave a bike anywhere else unless you have an active trip on the bike. Riders may be held liable for replacement of lost bikes.
Please contact us right away with details on what's happening:
Call us at 202-999-3924 OR Email [email protected]
Then, return the bike to the nearest Zagster station. Once it's locked there, end your trip. We'll get the bike fixed up, but in the meantime you're free to start a ride on a new bike and get on your way.
- Don't panic.
- Refer to the troubleshooting tips below. Sometimes it simply takes another try.
- If all else fails, please call us at 202-999-3924.
- First make sure there are no spokes making contact with the ring lock. Sometimes a spoke will seat up against the ring lock with enough pressure to keep the ring lock from retracting.
- If the spokes are clear, double check that you are entering the correct code, and try again after waiting for 30 seconds.
There are a few potential reasons why the lock won't close:
- First make sure there are no spokes in the way. Sometimes a spoke will line up in such way with the ring lock that the spoke will block the ring from closing.
- If you have held the lock button until the light flashes, you should hear a mechanical noise from the ring lock itself. This mean the ring lock is armed and ready to use. If you’ve pressed and held the button but heard no noise, there is a good chance the lock is already armed, and you can simply press down the orange tab to lock the ring.
- Once the ring lock has been engaged, and locked, make sure you plug the docking cable into the port on the top of the ring lock.
If you cannot secure your bike, please call us at 202-999-3924 right away!
If you believe your Zagster bike has been stolen, immediately contact your local police department and building security to file theft reports.
You are obligated by your Rider Agreement to alert us as soon as possible in the event of any potential loss or theft of Zagster bikes. Call Zagster at 202-999-3924 and we’ll walk you through what to do. We’ll also email you an Incident Report that you’ll need to complete. You may be charged for the cost of replacing a lost or stolen bike.