How It Works
Download the Zagster app and join the Ohio State bike share.
Find your bike’s number and enter it into the Zagster app to get a unique unlock code.
Enter the unlock code into the on-bike keypad. After the ring lock opens, remove the docking cable from the side of the ring lock
Park your bike at a Ohio State Zagster station. Press and HOLD the LOCK button on the keypad until the light flashes.
On the right side of the bike, find the orange tab on the ring lock and slide it down.Place the docking cable from the station into the port on the ring lock. Tap END RIDE in the Zagster app.
For quick stops away from a Ohio State Zagster station, you can lock to any public rack.See HOW TO in the app for more details.
No smart phone?
Text SMS to (202) 999-3924 to learn how to ride by text message.
Everyone can enjoy taking a spin on the Zagster Bike Share at The Ohio State University
with our accessible bikes for every need. These bikes are available through the Zagster
mobile app - just like the Cruiser.
Contact [email protected] for more information about accessibility.
Side by Side
Before you end your bike rental, you must return your bike to a Zagster station at The Ohio State University. Rentals may never be ended unless the bike is already locked to a Zagster station. Do not leave a bike anywhere else unless you are currently renting the bike. Riders may be held liable for replacement of lost bikes.
Please contact us right away with details on what's happening:
Text the word "Issue" to 202-999-3924 OR Email [email protected] OR Call us at 202-999-3924
Then, return the bike to the nearest Zagster station. Once it's locked there, end your rental. We'll get the bike fixed up, but in the meantime you're free to rent a new bike and get on your way.
If you believe your Zagster bike has been stolen, immediately contact your local police department and building security to file theft reports.
You are obligated by your Rider Agreement to alert us as soon as possible in the event of any potential loss or theft of Zagster bikes. Call Zagster at 202-999-3924 and we’ll walk you through what to do. We’ll also email you an Incident Report that you’ll need to complete. You may be charged for the cost of replacing a lost or stolen bike.
Helmets are strongly encouraged as part of the Zagster Bike Share at The
Ohio State University. The first 700 Ohio State University students,
faculty, and staff to join receive a free helmet (valued at $45).
Click here to order your helmet.
Weekday trips that begin between 12:00AM Monday and 11:59PM
Friday have 2 hours of free riding time.
Weekend trips that begin between 12:00AM Saturday and 11:59PM Sunday have 3 hours of free riding time.
- Don't panic.
- Refer to the troubleshooting tips below. Sometimes it simply takes another try.
- If all else fails, please call us at 202-999-3924.
- First make sure there are no spokes making contact with the ring lock. Sometimes a spoke will seat up against the ring lock with enough pressure to keep the ring lock from retracting.
- If the spokes are clear, double check that you are entering the correct code, and try again after waiting for 30 seconds.
There are a few potential reasons why the lock won't close:
- First make sure there are no spokes in the way. Sometimes a spoke will line up in such way with the ring lock that the spoke will block the ring from closing.
- If you have held the lock button until the light flashes, you should hear a mechanical noise from the ring lock itself. This mean the ring lock is armed and ready to use. If you’ve pressed and held the button but heard no noise, there is a good chance the lock is already armed, and you can simply press down the orange tab to lock the ring.
- Once the ring lock has been engaged, and locked, make sure you plug the docking cable into the port on the top of the ring lock.
If you cannot secure your bike, please call us at 202-999-3924 right away!
If you wish to request accommodations for a disability or need assistance using this webpage with assistive technology please contact The University’s ADA Coordinators Office at [email protected] or 614-292-6207 (voice) 614-688-8605 (TTY).